Look at all current failing tests including deferred tests. Create a special temporary build to test scripts that use RSSStep control.
Should a given test fail or is it just a bad test? Is there a code or script tweak that will allow the test to pass?
In addition to fixing current failed tests, add other tests to fully verify our continuous thrust capability. Tests should address all the weaknesses /ideas you and SES have found such as:
1. Tests which propagate backwards across a THF. Both with the Propagate command, and an Estimator with an estimation epoch after the thrust.
2. We should check that the propagation epochs using fixed steps are evenly spaced at the fixed step size.
3. Tests that solve for more than one thrust scale factor
4. We only use "None" for the interpolation method, we should test the other interpolations
5. Thrust scale factor sigma not applied
6. SES to add Aqua operational script to DoNotDistribute location
7. Add more sim/est cases. Include a case where you start with the actual ACE state vector received from SSMO. (For ACE case, put in DoNotDistribute area).
8. For both mission design (e.g., use of Propagate command) and Navigation (use of RunSimulator or RunEstimator commands), we need a mix of both RSSStep and None error control regression tests. For mission design tests, both error control types will work. For Navigation tests, currently, only None error control will work. Thus, when you create Navigation RSSStep tests, add them to the deferred list in the spreadsheet and tag them with the RSSSTep ticket, GMT-6451. (JM can create a special build that allows Navigation RSSSTep to try out your tests). Consider changing test name by adding something like _FixedStep to the file name.
9. We should be able to get excellent numerical precision. Review the tolerances in the TC files to make sure they are as tight as they should be.
Also, identify any UG updates that you think may be needed.