I collected the following requirements from the TESS team today:
- [P1] Utility shall download the latest versions of the selected files
- [P1] Utility shall archive the old versions of the files to allow for easy recovery
- [P1] Utility shall allow the user to select the file types to update (e.g. EOP, leap second, solar flux, etc.)
- [P2] Utility shall be scriptable to allow for batch execution
- [P2] Utility shall display the versions of the new files alongside versions of the existing files, for comparison
The folks I talked to are used to AGI's file updater, which has the features above. The ones marked (P1) are my interpretation of the critical items. (P2) means nice-to-have.